Monday, June 20, 2011

Savory Fiesta Cupcakes

I love to make cupcakes but hate the temptation of having sweet stuff sitting around. I started looking for recipes for savory cupcakes but couldn't find anything that really interested me. That gave me an idea to create my own yummy taco cupcakes.  




You'll need:
  • 2 pkg of taco seasoning
  • 1 pkg corn bread mix
  • 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 1 can refried beans
  • shredded cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • sour cream
  • tortilla chips

Preheat the oven to 350 and place liners in muffin pan. Mix the corn bread according to the package instructions or use your favorite cornbread recipe. Stir in one package of taco seasoning. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Brown beef and onions in a skillet. When there's no more pink showing, stir in the second package of seasoning.
Warm refried beans in the microwave.
I have a cupcake genius that bakes the hole into the cupcakes for me but you can use a spoon or melon baller to hollow out your cakes once they've cooled.

Fill the the cake centers with the hamburger mixture. Spread beans on top like icing and then sprinkle with cheese. And a little sour cream and top with a tortilla.

3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome and so creative! I would love it if you came over and linked up to Cast Party Wednesday. I have a great collection of recipes going and yours would be a PERFECT addition! http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back and visit us tomorrow.
    Thanks again.
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...