Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thinking Outside the Frame

I had a stash of old closet door knobs and I really wanted to use them somewhere in my daughte'rs room. I looked out her window and saw the clothesline and that gave me an idea. I decided to use them to display a few photos of her.






 I bought some unfinished craft frames and painted them pink.And painted five wooden clothes pins the colors of her room. Once they were dry I used mod podge to attach some strips of  scrapbbook around the frames and on top of the pins. After they dried I sealed everything with a coat of mod podge.





For the inside of the frames I cut foam board  to the recommended picture size. I wrapped them with fabric( I used hot glue to attach the fabric) and put them in the frames. I painted scalloped chipboard circles and attached them to the center of the fabric with hot glue.I used the screws that had held the knobs on the door to attch it to the wall. I chose to put the knob on top of the chipboard and screw the whole thing to the wall to make sure the kids couldn't pull it down on themselves.
I used photoshop to age my photos and tried to make them kinda look like old poloroids. I hung a piece of twine by tying to each end to the knobs and then hung my photos with the clothes pins.
I just loved the way it turned out.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...