Monday, June 13, 2011

Bottoms up

Back in the day Mike's hard lemonade came with words under the cap.  I have no idea what purpose it  served but my friend and I collected them. We had a jar full because we thought we could come up with something to make using the words. Seven years later I still have no clue what to do with those words but the jar of bottle caps gave me an idea for a cute picture frame. 



You can get plain craft frames for less than a dollar. I painted this one brown and then used a rag to wipe some of the paint away before it dried. This allows some of the wood grain to show through. When choosing your paper you can use as many differnt colors and patterns as you'd like. I used my cricut to cut 1 inch cicles from my pattern paper but you could use a circle punch, a circle cutter or trace a quarter and cut them out with scissors. Spray the tops of the bottlecaps with spray adhesive and attach your paper circles. Seal the caps with mod podge and then allow an hour to dry. Attach the bottlecaps to the frame with hop glue and add a favorite photo.

1 comment:

  1. Your frame really turned out great! Love the stars and stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...