Sunday, June 12, 2011

A no-heat treat

The kiddos kept begging for cake or cupcakes but who wants to turn on the oven in the summer. I wanted to make something fun and cute but super easy for them to take their uncle for his birthday. My husband suggested strawberry shortcake. This idea would be so easy if you had a b.b.q. or picnic to go to or just because.



I bought an angel food cake, two tubs of cool whip and two packs of strawberries. I washed and sliced all of the strawberries and used a cake leveler to cut the cake into thirds. I spread each layer with cool whip and then topped it with strawberries. On the bottome and middle layers I added another layer of cool whip on top of the strawberries and then stacked all three layers. I used a piping bag with a star tip to make nine cool whip swirls on top and added a cupcake pick to each swirl. You can find cupcake picks pretty much anyone and to match any theme or make your own using toothpicks.  It turned out so cute I had to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...