Friday, July 8, 2011

Fishy Feast


I have always wanted to try a watermelon carving but I was little nervous. This weekend I decided to just go for it, if it didn't work out I could just put the fruit in a bowl.


I decided on a fish and looked up fish watermelon carvings. I used their basic idea with my own twist on it. I cut an opening in the center and scalloped the edges. I removed all the watermelon with a melon baller and placed in the fridge in a bowl. With a marker I drew all the fins on the piece i cut from the center. I cut them out and attached them with toothpicks. I cut a slit for the mouth and two semi-circles for the eyes just like you would carve a pumpkin. I used my round fondant cutters for the eyes and a heart for the lips and attached them with tooth picks. (Fondant cutters are awesome for cutting shapes into fruit especially if your making an edible bouquet.)  I added a bag of mixed fruit to the watermelon balls and filled the fish fruit.





Cast Party Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...