Saturday, September 24, 2011

A visit from Peter Pan

Top Blogs My kids are very into pirates right now. They can't get enough of Jake and the Never Land Pirates. I had a pirate party for my son's 2nd birthday and they have a ton of fun with all of the left over props. The other day my little guy was playing in the yard with his shovel when he walked up to me and just about broke my heart. He said to me in his saddest little voice, "Mommy, I've walked all over and I looked everywhere and I still don't find any treasure". I of course needed to remember this asap so I came up with an idea.



Peter Pan lost the feather from his hat
when he flew in the window

x marks the spot(I put this on the
cabinet door)

the treasure hidden inside
a cabinet
Peter brushed off a little of the pixie
dust that helped him fly here
the treasure map led us to clues
around the house
When the kids went down for their nap I arranged a visit from Peter Pan. He left a map that would lead them straight to the neverland treasure and pirate hats to wear along the way. When I woke them up I told them Peter Pan had stopped by a left them something and they were so excited. They clung to the little chest of gold coins for the rest of the evening, it even went with them when their grandma and grandpa took them out to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...